What services does Home Assist provide?
Minor Home Maintenance
• installation of smoke detectors
• gutter cleaning and minor repairs
• small plumbing and carpentry work
• changing light bulbs
• window cleaning
• rubbish removal
• trimming back shrubs and bushes
• garden clean up
• free Home Safety and Security Assessment/Advice through the SA Police Crime Reduction Section
• support to maintain and regain independence by providing:
tips on easier ways of doing household tasks
information on equipment and aids
referrals to strength and balance programs
• domestic assistance
• spring cleaning
Who can we assist?
• frail, elderly people living in their own homes
• people of all ages who have a disability
• people who may care for or look after someone who is aged or has a disability
What do services cost?
There will be a nominal cost incurred with these services. A contribution towards the cost of the service will be negotiated at the time of application. No consumer will be denied access to services because of an inability to pay fees.
How do I apply?
- You can apply in person at the Local Government Centre situated at the Homemaker Centre at 6 Dutton Road Mount Barker or tel. (08) 8391 7234. If you are aged 65 or over, you will need to register with the Commonwealth Government's My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Staff can assist you to apply if required.
- Family or friends can apply on your behalf
- You can be referred by a Health Practitioner
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion, the Department of Health & Ageing and Mount Barker District Council have contributed funds to the Home Assist Program.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment:
- Contact us through the National Relay Service http://relayservice.gov.au/support/training/nrs-call-numbers/
- Give the National Relay Service our number – 8391 7234
For more information, visit: http://www.relayservice.gov.au