Meadows

about

The land incorporating Meadows was part of the Seventh Special Survey by Charles Flaxman on January 31st 1839. The first postmaster was appointed in 1850 and the Meadows Inn was licensed in 1856. The road through Clarendon and Meadows to Goolwa was opened in 1864 and the school was opened in 1867. There are some very interesting historical buildings in the township as well as gardens and nurseries around the township. It is a thriving community with a wonderful life style, attractive local business mix, and the township annually hosts the famous Meadows Country Fair and Meadows Easter fair.

 

places of interest

Meadows/Kuitpo
Rich rural history located close to the 5,000 hectare Kuitpo Forest, a favourite with bird watchers, wildlife, walkers and cycling.

 

recreation areas

Meadows Recreation Grounds

Secker Street, Meadows

  • 2 Ovals with cricket pitches
  • Tennis courts
  • Netball courts


 

6 Dutton Road, Mount Barker SA 5251
T 8391 7200
Navigation
Top