Keith Stephenson Park
Adelaide Road, Mount Barker
The 25m by 30m park provides excellent skating facilities. Skaters from interstate and overseas have commented on the layout and smooth finish of the Park.
Designed by local skateboarder Darryl Harvey, the Park has a range of fun boxes, half-rounds, steps and railings, which cater for the beginner to high intermediate standard. Located in the Keith Stephenson Park, which flanks the Adelaide Rd (meets the Freeway turnoff) the park can be accessed by turning into Dumas St and entering the Library and TAFE Carpark on the left. The site overlooks the Mount Barker township and shopping and other facilities are close at hand.
The Mount Barker District Council maintains a number of playgrounds in the townships throughout the district for the enjoyment of residents and visitors to the area. Please help us to keep our playgrounds safe. Should you have a query or complaint about the condition of the playground equipment please contact our Horticultural Department at Council on 8391 7200.
Our playgrounds are located in the following areas:
• Keith Stephenson Park Adelaide Road, Mount Barker
• Alec Johnson Park Mount Barker Road (Main Street), Hahndorf
• Pioneer Gardens Mount Barker Road (Main Street), Hahndorf
• Anembo Park Princes Highway, Littlehampton
• Echunga Recreation Ground Echunga - Hahndorf Road, Echunga
• Callington Memorial Oval Callington Road, Callington
• Hutton Reserve Princes Highway, Kanmantoo
• Battunga Park Corner Battunga and Mawson Road, Meadows
• Miels Park Princes Highway, Littlehampton
• Davenport Square Corner Venables and Vernon Streets, Macclesfield
• Macclesfield Oval Davies Street, Macclesfield
• Brukunga Playground Pyrites Road Brukunga
• Harrogate Tennis Courts Mail Road, Harrogate
• Prospect Hill Playground Morris Road, Prospect Hill
• Martindale Estate Burnbank Way, Mount Barker
• Matthew Smillie Park Matthew Smillie Drive, Nairne
Playground Capital Works Program
Council has endorsed the Playground and Play Equipment Asset Renewal Capital Works Program which details capital works to be undertaken to maintain and upgrade playgrounds during the next few years.