Nairne and Environs DPA
Nairne and Environs Development Plan Amendment (DPA)
The Nairne and Environs DPA was forwarded to the Dpeartnent of Planning, Transport and Infrastracture (DPTI), to be presented to the Minister. This is currently on the Minsters agenda and Council is waiting for his approval.
The public consultation period for the Nairne and Environs DPA is now closed.
There will be a meeting of the Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee on Monday 8 August 2016 for the verbal presentations of submissions lodged as part of the public consultation process.
The meeting will commence at 7.00pm and will be held at the Local Government Centre, Mount Barker Homemaker Centre, 6 Dutton Road, Mount Barker.
For further information call Simon Coote on 8391 7291 or Judith Urquhart on 8391 7286.
Have your say and get involved. The Nairne DPA aims to:
- Help reinvigorate the main street
- Place greater emphasis on heritage in the main street
- Promote the redevelopment of the Chapman’s and Bush Timbers’ sites in Bridge Street, Nairne East
- Provide a new more flexible mixed use zone in Nairne West
- Realign the south-western town boundary
- Reduce minimum allotment sizes in Rural Living Policy Area
Consultation and Submissions
Hard copies of the DPA, Explanatory Statement and brochure/feedback form are available at Mount Barker District Council (6 Dutton Rd, Mount Barker Homemaker Centre) and Mount Barker Community Library (5 Dumas Street, Mount Barker). Hard copies of the brochure/feedback form are also available at the Nairne Post Office (90 Princes Highway, Nairne). All documents are available electronically below.
Have your say!
All submissions are important to us. Feedback forms are available at Mount Barker District Council, Mount Barker Community library, Nairne Post Office and electronically below. Alternatively complete the online feedback form at the bottom of this page.
Please send completed feedback forms and written submissions to Council by 12.00 midnight Monday 25 July 2016 by:
- Post to PO Box 54, Mount Barker SA 5251
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to Council at 8391 7299
- Drop into submissions boxes located at Council Civic Centre, Mount Barker Community Library or at the Nairne Post Office
Important information session
Want to know more? Or need help in understanding how this DPA may affect you or your property? Come along to an information session.
Wednesday 29 June 4pm-7pm
Nairne Bremer United Football Club, Sydney Road, Nairne
Staff will be available to answer all your questions.
For more information please contact Simon Coote by email in the first instance;
email@example.com or by phone on 8391 7291
The consultation period begins 30 May 2016 and concludes 25 July 2016.