Bald Hills Road Stage 1 Springs Road to Yaktanga Way
Works are largely complete with minor works comprising stormwater drainage and pipe valve modifications and reinstatement.
- Asphalt wearing course and pavement layers
- Major stormwater RCBC crossing and headwall installation
- DICL water pipeline installed and commissioned
- Reclaimed water pipe laying
- Existing asphalt profiling all sections
- Burnbank Way electrical trench crossing
- 450 x 300 RCBC stormwater crossings installed
- Retaining wall installation and backfilling
At the meeting of 7 June 2010, the Council awarded the construction contract to Watpac Civil Infrastructure for construction to commence in August 2010. This construction will deliver a widened and safer road between Yaktanga Way and Springs Road with construction occurring from August through to December 2010.
Detailed designs for the section of road between Yaktanga Way and Springs Road were commissioned in September 2009. The scope of works between Yaktanga Way and Springs was amended during the tender period to include construction of a section of treated wastewater pipeline.
Soon after the approval of the Concept Designs by Council, application for grant funding from the Special Local Roads Program were sought for Stage 1 of the project implementation. Advice of the success in securing this important grant funded was received in September 2009. The following information report to Council in October 2009 summarises this funding success.
By February 2009, based on both engineering design requirements together with the feedback received though our consultation processes, Concept Designs for the upgrade had been prepared. The relevant media releases, Council report and Council approved concept plans can be viewed through the following links:
Recognising the importance of Bald Hills Road as a district linkage and future connection to a future freeway interchange, Council has embarked upon the planning for upgrades to the road.
Links to the associated media releases are provided below:
Other projects associated with Bald Hills Road that are underway include:
- Construction of the new Springs Road/Bald Hills Road roundabout - subject to funding and securing all required land acquisitions.
- Detailed Design of the road between Springs and Hartman Roads.
Bald Hills Road / Princes Highway
In addition to the above, in relation to the junction of Bald Hills Road and Princes Highway, Council is working with DTEI to identify appropriate measures which could improve the safety of the junction.