Hallett Road Littlehampton Upgrade
Following the successful construction and application of asphalt, Hallett Road has been reopened to through traffic.
30 June 2015
Due to the wet weather, reasealing of Hallet Road has been undelayed.
The upgrade of Hallett Road was negotiated with the developer in 2006.
Hallett Road from Raison Drive has been reconstructed and widened to the required width as per the agreement. Negotiations are underway with the developer and their contractor to resolve the uneven surface of the resealed road near the Childs Road junction.
The developer is also required to complete further site tidy up along the verges. Council will closely monitor progress to ensure that this is completed.
The developers contractor has scheduled the remainder of Hallett Road from the new roundabout to West Terrace for resealing June/July once SA Water have completed the water connections to the development.
The developers contractor will commence the upgrade of Hallett Road in January 2015. These works are expected to be completed by April 2015 dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Access to properties will be maintained but detours will be in place and road users should find alternative routes to avoid delays.
Development approval has been granted for the Hallett Road residential sub-division. In association with this approval, the developer is obligated to carry out a number of infrastructure improvements including:
- Widening and pavement reconstruction of Hallett Road
- Footpath construction on Hallett Road
- Roundabout at the intersection of Hallett Road and Raison Drive
- Upgrade and realign junction of Childs Road and Hallett Road
- Traffic calming devices for the approaches to the corner of Hallett Road and West Terrace
- Shared use path to connect from the Freeway tunnel to Hallett Road via the residential development
These works will be progressively undertaken as the various stages of the development proceed.