Manhole Restoration Program 2017/18
The Mount Barker District Council owns and operates Community Wastewater Management Systems (CWMS) for the townships of Mt Barker, Littlehampton, Nairne, Brukunga (sewer), Echunga, Meadows and Macclesfield. Each of these systems has a gravity pipe network to deliver the effluent/sewer to the respective treatment facility. These gravity pipe networks have numerous inspection openings and manholes for maintenance purposes. Some of the flushing points and manholes are located on or adjacent to private properties.
For a number of years Council has conducted a manhole refurbishment program to ensure these assets are properly maintained.
Over time the manholes which are constructed from concrete are required to be cleaned, repaired and treated to extend the life of these assets. Failure to do this maintenance work would eventually result in the manholes collapsing which would require extensive costly repairs and substantial excavation on private properties.
Council’s contractor has advised that the 2017/18 program will commence in late January/early February and be complete by end of April 2018. The following manholes are included in the 2017/18 program:
- Rear of 12 Walker Street , Mt Barker
- Rear of 70-72 Gawler Street, Mt Barker
- 12 Stephen Street opposite Woolworths loading bay , Mt Barker
- 58 William Street, Littlehampton
- 3 Allen Avenue, Mt Barker
- 11 Allen Avenue , Mt Barker
- 20 Bollen Road, Mt Barker
- 9 Allen Avenue , Mt Barker
- Bollen Road & Sandford Avenue intersection, Mt Barker
- Bollen Road & Mansfield Road intersection (North), Mt Barker
- Bollen Road & Mansfield Road intersection (South), Mt Barker
- Mill Lane & McLaren Street intersection, Mt Barker
- Cnr of Adelaide Road & Pridmore Terrace , Mt Barker
Please follow any traffic control in place for the safety of workers and all road users and refrain from parking vehicles in the vicinity while work is underway.