Transfer Station & Recycling Facilities
- Windmill Hill Transfer Station Windmill Hill Transfer Station
- Windmill Hill Salvage and Save Windmill Hill Salvage and Save
- Other Recycling Facilities Other Recycling Facilities
The Windmill Hill Waste Transfer Station remains open and social distancing measures are being applied. In the interest of public health and safety please note the following changes apply:
- Payment is only accepted by eftpos or preauthorised accounts (no cash sales).
- Please ‘STOP’ at the stop sign and remain in your vehicle, where you will be served by one of our staff members and receive further instructions.
- Please do not enter the site if you are unwell and showing symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath, or have been in contact with a confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) case.
Address: 1 Windmill Lane, Totness (Windmill Hill), Former Dump Site, Hahndorf SA 5245
Phone: (08) 8388 1099
Fax: (08) 8391 7299
All items placed into the skips at the Windmill Hill Transfer Station are transported to Brinkley landfill located near Murray Bridge.
Waste oil (domestic only), car and truck batteries and used LPG gas bottles.
Windmill Hill Transfer Station is now a Paintback collection site which is able to accept unwanted paint and packaging for free. Paintback accepts up to 100 litres per vehicle per visit that's secured in containers of 20 litres or less. The system applies to both residential and trades and paint can be dry or liquid. For more information on Paintback visit www.paintback.com.au
Mulch is available for purchase, see fees listed below.
Free Clean Green Waste Days
A number of free clean green waste drop-off days are offered throughout the year. For more information, visit the Free Clean Green Waste Drop-off Day page.
EFTPOS IS AVAILABLE
|Tuesday||08:30AM - 04:30PM|
|Wednesday||08:30AM - 04:30PM|
|Thursday||08:30AM - 04:30PM|
|Friday||08:30AM - 04:30PM|
|Saturday||08:30AM - 04:30PM|
|Sunday||01:30PM - 04:30PM|
|Closed Public Holidays||(closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday - open Easter Saturday)|
Address: 1 Windmill Lane, Totness
Phone: 8388 1837
Reduce landfill, save on Transfer Stations fees and buy salvaged goods and materials!
Windmill Hill Salvage and Save accepts a range of salvageable goods, stopping them from ending up in landfill and harming the environment.
Run by Mobo Group as of March 6th 2018, the salvage yard offers a wide range of furniture, building materials, bric-a-brac and other goods for sale. All money raised goes towards Mobo Group helping people with all types of disabilities be the best they can be. More information can be found at the Mobo Group website http://www.mobogroup.com.au/salvage-and-save/
What can be salvaged?
- Old furniture from home or office: lounge suites, dining tables and chairs, kitchenalia
- Building supplies: doors, windows, timber – pine, hardwood, oregon – scrap metal & roofing iron, bricks and pavers
- Bric-a-brac: toys, ornaments, books, pictures, cutlery & crockery
- Garden Equipments: garden pots, fences, posts & trellis, ladders & tools, lawn mowers, wheel barrows, etc
- Other stuff: bicycles, trampolines, play & recreation equipment, bagged firewood
Hours of operation
Tuesday to Friday 10.00am-4.30pm
Closed Sundays, Mondays and Public Holidays
Please note: Salvage and Save is not an operation of the Mount Barker District Council.
Any enquiries should be directed to Mobo Group, telephone 8130 1800.
In addition to utilising the Kerbside Waste and Recycling Service introduced 1 April 2008, residents are also encouraged to take recyclable materials to a recycling facility to reduce the amount of waste produced. Recycling centres are available at or within close proximity to both transfer stations.
The following recycling centres are located within the Mount Barker District Council:
Scout Recycling Centre
Mount Barker Bottle and Can
Located next door to the Windmill Hill Transfer Station, 1 Windmill Lane, Totness
Cash for the following items:
Also accepting the following items: Cardboard, Newspaper, Magazines, General Paper, Food Tins, Plastic Milk Bottles, Milk Cartons, Plastics No.s 1 & 2 (i.e. soft drink bottles, cream and juice containers)
Located at 39 Secker Road, Mount Barker
Cash for the following items: