- Rate Payments
- Methods of Payment
- Having difficulty paying your rates?
- Electronic Delivery of Rates Notice
- Rate Capping
What are rates?
Rates are a system of taxation on the community for local government to deliver what is expected by their community. Ratepayers receive various benefits from paying rates, for more information see:
Rating Period is 1st July to 30th June, each financial year.
Rates are due in full on 6th September 2019 OR by instalments due on 6th September 2019, 6th December 2019, 6th March 2020, 5th June 2020.
Having difficulty paying your rates?
If you’re having (or are likely to have) difficulty meeting the due dates for payment of your rates, please contact Council’s rates team on (08) 8391 7200 before the rates fall into arrears to discuss options that may be able to assist you. Depending on your circumstances, there are short term and longer term options that may be available. Any enquiries are treated confidentially. Please complete the Rates Payment Arrangement Application form and return to Council or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (including your property reference details) with an arrangement proposal.
Methods of Payment
Mount Barker District Council rates can be paid using the following methods:
- Internet Council is now able to accept rates, infringement payments and debtor payments by credit card. You can now make your payment at any time of day, conveniently from wherever you access the internet. Make a Payment
- By Mail Make cheque or money order payable to 'Mount Barker District Council'. Mail with bottom portion of the Rate Notice to: Mount Barker District Council PO Box 54 MOUNT BARKER SA 5251. Mark cheques 'Not Negotiable'. Note Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
- In Person Present the Rate Notice intact to the cashier at Mount Barker Council Office, 6 Dutton Road, Mount Barker. Payment is acceptable by: EFTPOS, Mastercard, Visa, Cash, Cheque or Money Order.
- At Australia Post Take your Rate Notice intact – do not remove the Payment Slip – to any Australia Post Office or Post Office Agency anywhere in Australia Online via Australia Post Bill Pay
- By Phone You may pay by Mastercard or Visa Card via this service which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Have the Rate Notice and your Credit Card handy. 1300 604 214 Your Assessment Number is on the front of your Rate Notice and call is charged at a Local Call Rate.
- By BPAY Contact participating bank, credit union or building society to make direct payment from your cheque, savings or credit card account. Biller Code: 3301 Your Reference Number is on the front of the Rate Notice.
Electronic Delivery of Rates Notice
Mount Barker District Council ratepayers can now opt to receive, pay and store quarterly rates notices electronically via EZYbill and BPAY view. To find out more click here.
Change of rates notice details required?
If your postal address or name details that appear on your rates notice need to be changed please complete the online form below: