The land incorporating Meadows was part of the Seventh Special Survey by Charles Flaxman on January 31st 1839. The first postmaster was appointed in 1850 and the Meadows Inn was licensed in 1856. The road through Clarendon and Meadows to Goolwa was opened in 1864 and the school was opened in 1867. There are some very interesting historical buildings in the township as well as gardens and nurseries around the township. It is a thriving community with a wonderful life style, attractive local business mix, and the township annually hosts the famous Meadows Country Fair and Meadows Easter fair.
places of interest
Meadows/KuitpoRich rural history located close to the 5,000 hectare Kuitpo Forest, a favourite with bird watchers, wildlife, walkers and cycling.
Meadows Recreation Grounds
Secker Street, Meadows
- 2 Ovals with cricket pitches
- Tennis courts
- Netball courts
Meadows Township Plan
Council has endorsed a Township Plan for Meadows. The plan was developed in association with the community to provide a long term vision for the town, identifying key objectives and priorities across a number of themes to ensure that the town continues to develop as highly liveable place. This project is part of a Council initiative which will see Townships Plans developed for all major settlements throughout the District by 2020
For further information, please contact Nathan Franklin, Strategic Planner via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on (08) 8391 7208.