Transport Options in Adelaide Hills
Community Bus Services in the Adelaide Hills
Community Bus Services provide a door-to-door transport service for shopping:
- Adelaide Hills Council have a Community Bus in Woodside and Gumeracha, telelephone (08) 8408 0507
- The Hut has two community buses in Aldgate, telelephone (08) 8339 4400,
> The Hut website
- Mount Barker Shopping Shuttle transports Mount Barker District Council Residents to the shops in the CBD of Mount Barker, contact Hill Community Transport telephone (08) 8391 7234
The Mount Barker District Council’s 12 seat Community Bus is sponsored by Kalyra Communities, a major provider of community care and residential aged care in the Adelaide Hills. For more information on the Community Bus click here.
- Adelaide Metro – SouthLink is the bus company that provides public transport services in the Hills region. SouthLink timetables are listed on the Adelaide Metro website. There is also a handy Journey Planner on the home page that determines the bus routes and times to get from A to B anywhere in Adelaide.
> Adelaide Metro website
- Hahndorf Loop SouthLink - sponsored by Mount Barker District Council
> Hahndorf Loop Timetable
- Meadows to Mount Barker/Callington to Mount Barker – SouthLink
> Callington and Meadows Flexi Bus
- Link SA - Timetables for the Torrens Valley area of the Adelaide Hills Council
> Link SA Website
The BusSA website provides information about bus, coach and taxi services in country areas, including time tables.
Subsidies and Other Information
Department of Veteran Affairs Repatriation Transport Scheme
Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Card holders are eligible for assistance towards travelling expenses for medical treatment. White Card holders are eligible for assistance toward travelling expenses for the treatment of certain medical conditions.
South Australian Transport Subsidy Scheme (SATSS)
SATSS provides people who are unable to use public transport because of a disability with 80 personalised vouchers for subsidised taxi travel every six months.
Adelaide Access Taxis
Adelaide Access Taxis caters for passengers with disabilities – particularly those with mobility aids, such as wheelchairs and scooters. The vehicles are fitted with hydraulic lifts, enabling passengers in wheelchairs and scooters to be loaded directly into the taxi where they are secured and transported to their destination. Telephone 1300 360 940, 7.00am-8.00pm 7 days a week.
Disabled Persons Parking Permit (DDP)
A Disabled Persons Parking Permit allows a vehicle to be parked in parking spaces which are sign posted and have the people with disabilities symbol painted on the road surface. Also enables the vehicle to be parked for twice the period indicated on the sign, or for the period indicated on the sign and a further 90 minutes, whichever is the greater.
Independent Living Centre
Independent Living centre has information on transfer aids to assist people to get in and out of vehicles. Phone 1300 885 886.
The Community Programs Unit of Mount Barker District Council acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We aim to deliver our services in a way that respects and welcomes diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.