Click here to learn more including changes to Council Services

Dismiss alert



Under the new measures, a landlord, including Housing SA, will not be able to evict a tenant for non-payment of rent due to severe rental distress as a result of COVID-19.

Where tenants have been impacted by COVID-19 but still have the capacity to pay their rent, they should continue doing so. Where alternative arrangements are needed as a result of COVID-19, tenants and landlords are encouraged to work together on an agreement and – where an agreement cannot be reached – the matter may need to go before the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

If you still have questions of concerns, you can contact Consumer and Business Services by calling 131 882.

Mortgage Stress

Most banks are offering relief for those who have fallen ill, lost their job, or have had their income reduced due to the coronavirus. While no repayments will have to be made during the ‘freeze’ period, interest will continue to accrue. Call your bank.

Housing SA

131 299

If you live in public housing and your household income decreases for any reason, you can have your rent reassessed.

State wide


131 272
30 Stephen Street, Mount Barker

Providing social security payments and services to Australians including Job Seeker and Rent Assistance.

Australia Wide

COVID-19 Relief Call Centre – SA Housing Authority

1300 705 336

The call centre can provide information and assistance with such things as personal hardship support, advice on short-term accommodation options for people unable to achieve self-quarantining or self-isolation, accommodation for emergency services personnel who are required to quarantine but unable to do so at home.

The call centre is available to all members of the South Australian community and can provide general support and referrals to other services as needed.

State Wide

Homelessness Gateway

1800 003 308

In metropolitan Adelaide, emergency commercial accommodation is being provided for people who are rough sleeping. This will include support from outreach services and assistance with meals.

Emergency accommodation is also available in regional areas.

State wide