Free Clean Green Waste Drop-off Days
In addition to the green organics kerbside service, you can:
- Drop off CLEAN green waste directly at Council's Windmill Hill Transfer Station during opening hours for a fee. This covers the cost of shredding the materials into mulch. Only clean green waste such as lawn clippings, leaves and prunings, small branches etc will be accepted.
- Utilise the 3 FREE CLEAN green waste days at Council's Windmill Hill Transfer Station on the dates listed below:
The following dates have been scheduled for 2019:
- Saturday 4 May 2019 which is generally after the fire danger season has concluded;
- Saturday 12 October 2019 which is prior to the commencement of the fire danger season;
- Saturday 16 November 2019 which is also prior to the commencement of the fire danger season.
Opening hours for the free clean green waste days are 8.30am-12.30pm and 1pm-4.30pm.
Advertisements will appear in the local newspaper advising further details 3 weeks prior to, and 1 week prior to each scheduled free green waste drop-off day.
What WILL be accepted:
What will NOT be accepted:
|Clean residential green organics, including:||Commercial or truck loads of material|
|Grass clippings||Weeds, inlcuding those listed below:|
|Small branches up to 100mm diameter||Boxthorn||Olive|
|Loads limited to 8 x 5 trailer||Bridal Creeper||Periwinkle|
|English Broom||Salvation Jane|
|Gorse / Fuize||Three Corner Jack|
NOTE: Declared weeds and plants will not be accepted under the Natural Resources Management Act 2004.
General weeds other than declared weeds will not be accepted as green waste where seeds are present or pose a risk to mulch quality. They will be classified as general waste to landfill.
For further information please contact the Windmill Hill Waste Transfer Station on 8388 1099.