Road Resurfacing Program 2016/17
|Category||Current Infrastructure Projects|
|Project Start Date||01/07/2016|
|Expected Completion Date||30/06/2017|
|Proponent||District Council of Mount Barker|
|Contact||Work: 08 8391 7290
Council undertakes a program of road resurfacing throughout the district each year. The list of roads will be updated as the program progresses.
The Mount Barker District Council is committed to maintaining roads in good condition to provide a safe environment. Over the financial year, a number of streets and roads are scheduled to be resurfaced.
Marks will be painted on the road indicating start and finishing points. Some roads will also have concrete works completed including replacement of kerb and gutter, driveway crossings and spoon drains.
The work will necessitate closing sections of the road for a period of time on the day that construction is undertaken. During this time there may be limited access to driveway entrances and vehicles should not be left parked on the road.
All endeavours will be made to ensure a minimum of inconvenience, but alternative routes should be planned while these works are underway. Road users are requested to adhere to any detours that will be in place.
Sydney Road, Nairne (from Bridge Road to the reserve entrance) will be resurfaced between 21 and 23 March 2017.
Springs Road (from Harper Road to Summit Road) and Summit Road (from Springs Road to McKenny Street) will be spray sealed between 7 and 17 March.
The following roads are programmed for spray sealing, commencing Sunday 29 January and are expected to be complete by end of February 2017.
- Little Dublin Road East, Mount Barker
- Rowley Road, Meadows (from Morris Road to 800m east of Morris Road)
- Alston Road, Littlehampton, from Fulford Terrace to Compson Road)
- Blakiston Rd Littlehampton (from Old Princes Hwy to Nitschke Rd )
- Fulford Tce Littlehampton (from Gardner St to Alston Rd)
- Harrogate Rd Dawesley & Harrogate (from North Old Princess Rd to North Old Princess Rd)
- Morris Rd Meadows & Prospect Hill (from Rowley Rd to Harvey Rd)
- Springs Rd Mount Barker Springs (from Summit Rd to Harper Rd)
- Summit Rd Mount Barker Summit (from Springs Rd to McKenny St)
During the week commencing 24 October, Guard Rail will be installed on North Road, Nairne, near the junction with Piney Ridge Road.
19 October - 31 October
The following roads will be resurfaced commencing the week of 19 October:
- River Rd, Hahndorf (from Fairview Road to Kangaroo Reef Road)
- Windsor Ave, Hahndorf (from Collins St to 179 Windsor Ave)
- Baker St, Callington (from North Tc to Hannam St)
- Montefiore St, Callington (Murray St intersection)
- Riverview Dr, Callington (from 2 Riverview Dr to Murray St)
- Back Callington Rd, Callington (from Callington Rd to end of seal)
- Callington Rd, Callington (Back Callington road to North Tce)
10 - 14 October
Balhannah Road Hahndorf, between Church Street and Old Princes Highway (Main Road) will be resurfaced between 10 and 14 October between 7am and 5pm (weather permitting).
1 August to 5 August
Commencing the week of 1 August, parts of Harrogate Road from Old Princes Highway to Doheny Road will be resurfaced.
28 & 29 July
Some asphalt patching rectification works will be undertaken on 28 and 29 July at the following locations in Littlehampton:
- Intersection of Gumtree Drive and Smeaton Court
- Intersection of Gumtree Drive and Cowan Avenue
- Intersection of Cowan Avenue and Smeaton Court
25 July to 5 August
The following roads are scheduled to be resurfaced commencing the week of 25 July:
- Blakiston Road, Blakiston from Old Princes Highway to Nitschke Road
- Fulford Terrace, Littlehampton from Gardner Street to Alston Road
- Morris Road, Meadows from Black Nursery Road to Rowley Road
Work is expected to be complete by the week ending 5 August subject to favourable weather conditions.
11 July 2016
Road surface renewal of parts of Springs Road (between Harper Road and Back Callington Road) and Summit Road will be undertaken commencing the week of 11 July 2016 and are expected to be complete within one week, weather permitting.